After an off-week, Jimmie Johnson and the rest of Team Lowe's Racing is gearing up for Texas Motor Speedway, where they will be looking to improve their current 10th place ranking in the NASCAR points standings. Jimmie will be seeking his first win of the season, as well as his first pole of the season. Read on for more info about this weekend's race.
- Practice 1: Thursday, 5:30 PM ET
- Practice 2: Friday, 3 PM ET (SPEED)
- Qualifying: Friday, 6:30 PM ET (SPEED)
- Final Practice: Saturday, 7 PM ET (SPEED)
- Race: Sunday, 7 PM ET (FOX)
- Jimmie will once again be racing the black and white No. 48 Kobalt Tools Chevrolet this weekend.
- Jimmie Johnson will make a special trip to Clara Love Elementary School in Justin on Friday to crown the 2011-2012 champions of Texas Motor Speedway's Speeding To Read pilot educational program. The school’s 630 K-5 student body has read more than 57,000 books schoolwide.
- One win in 17 starts
- Average start of 9.2 and an average finish of 10.2
- Seven top-five (41.2 percent) and 12 top-10 finishes (70.6 percent) in 17 starts
- 5,484 of 5,688 laps completed (96.4 percent) and 119 laps led
- Sprint Cup’s fifth-best driver rating (98.4)